Thursday, August 4, 2011

Final Day of the Great Oregon Steam Up with Pics

Today is my final post on the Great Oregon Steam-Up that took place last weekend, and will be going on this weekend as well up in Salem, Oregon. It was a wonderful opportunity to observe all of the steam-powered equipment. It also served as inspiration for the many steampunk works I have on the go.

Aside from the many fantastic and amazing steam machines, there were plenty of activities to stay busy. There were also 1/8 scale coal, gas, diesel and battery powered trains, a steam crane operation, and steam-powered threshing, antique tractor harvesting, baling and binding.

So enjoy the pictures below and if you're in the area this weekend, make sure you take a few hours out and stop by! For more information, click Here. By the way, if you do go on the 6th and 7th, there will also be hot air engines on display - something they didn't have last weekend.







Marie

2 comments:

  1. Really cool pics. I took my son to the Bakken Museum -- all cool old electromagnetic devices used for medicine from the 1700' on -- I took so many pics and was inspired too.

    I love it when you can actually see stuff -- then I can imaginatively add more stuff to it.

    I gave you an award on my blog -- that sounds like spam, but it's not -- and linked your blog to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Amy! You are so kind :) The Bakken Museum sounds fantastic - wow! I appreciate the award :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete