Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Great Oregon Steam-Up Part One

Over the weekend, hubby and I spent a few hours at the Great Oregon Steam-Up. It will be held again next weekend as well. It's known for being the largest Antique Powerland event.


Some attractions included this authentic steam powered sawmill,


as well as vintage trucks, tractors, automobiles, caterpillars, trains, a parade, and a historic trolley. I had no idea the place was so huge, it felt like we walked for days, and I still don't think we saw everything!


I thoroughly enjoyed getting to see real authentic machinery at work that was used in Oregon and throughout the Pacific Northwest. Antique Powerland is about preservering, restoring, and educating. My only complaint - besides the heat - was that there weren't many people on hand to talk about their fabulous machines. I know these people spent a lot of time restoring, so I expected that they'd want to share more, but they didn't.


On the 6th and 7th they will also be showcasing some hot air engines. If you're in the area, stop by and check it out!

For more details, visit their website: http://www.antiquepowerland.com/info/annual.html

Wednesday I will have more photos up! I hope you'll stop by :)

Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment