Sunday, April 15, 2012
I'm still adjusting to the change, and really missing those fifteen extra hours I had in my week. At the same time, I'm enjoying my classes and learning new subjects.
After careful consideration, I've decided to only post my weekly update on Sundays. It allows me more time to reflect on what I've done, and falls at the same time when I'm updating all of my other goal sheets and lists that I keep track of. I have my daily goals, weekly goals, monthly goals, and more.
And speaking of goals...
My goals for round two include:
1) Polish my steampunk novel so it is ready to send to an agent. At this time the first 20 pages are deep-edited and polished.
2) Complete rough draft of steampunk WIP#2. This is a longer term goal, and I haven't been able to put attention to this.
3) Blog at least 3 times a week. Not this week, and again this is a long term goal - so I'm looking at around the first or second week of May to start this. I have two different themed days I'd like to make into regular weekly posts, in addition to the Sunday update.
4) Exercise 3 - 4 times a week. I'm walking a lot, lifting weights, doing pilates and yoga.
5) Submit steampunk short story. Well, I'm happy with the final draft but decided to wait. I haven't looked at it for the last few days and want to give myself another few days before I look it over again, in case I missed something. So, I expect to submit it in the next week and a half.
6) Read 30 minutes daily. Yes!
I'm also taking a workshop that is more intensive than I realized, but I'm learning so much.
Quick reminder - my review of Dead Iron will go live on April 19th at Clockwork Reviews.
I'm on track, staying busy, and still trying to figure out better time management with the school schedule added in. The weather is warming up and it definitely boosts my mood as well.
My son's birthday is on the 19th. He's going to be 19. I can't believe it.
How about you? Did you accomplish what you were looking to do this week? Need help to stay motivated? Crave encouragement? If so, join ROW80. All the info is at that link.
And to end my post I'm leaving you with some steampunkery goodness: