Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday Progress Report

*Waving to all my fellow ROW80'ers*

Since Wednesday I've just about completed edits of a steampunk short story that I plan to submit soon. I've also been busy commenting on fellow ROW80 participants' blogs. And well...unfortunately the edits of the novel are slow-going. I'm finding a challenge in wishing I could remember how I'd worded things from the first set of edits that are no more. I have a feeling that once I get beyond that, the edits will flow smoother. But until then, I don't know how well they will go. I have the best of intentions when I open the file and start to edit, but within minutes the frustration begins.

Fortunately I have many backup systems in place so the complex of losing everything again isn't there. But what I wouldn't give for those edits to magically appear.

All I can really do is look forward. Somedays that sounds easier than others.

I am also enjoying work on the sequel to my short story Iron Butterfly. It gives me comfort when I'm grumbling about the edits. :)

So in short - I've kept busy and accomplished most of what I wanted.

The rest will work itself out, though not as quickly as I'm comfortable with.

I'll be sure to stop by and comment this week.

Marie

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Hold onto the "kept busy and accomplished most of what I wanted"... excellent work.

    And yes, indeed, the rest WILL be sure to work itself out!

    I am grateful to find you via ROW80 this week. For some reason the word "steampunk" seems to be haunting me.

    Word~love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a loss to lose your precious words and I hope you find the editing process becomes more pleasant soon.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete